Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reality?

Are you kidding me?  I'm not a huge TV or movie fan, generally I only watch late in the evening when I'm too tired to do anything else.  This probably is a habit developed from working full time and raising two children.  Late in the evening was the only time available to unwind.  The old sitcoms were mainly light-hearted and silly, sometimes even goofy, but it gave you some comic relief from the day.

When I'm flipping channels in the evening now it is one reality (and I use that term loosely) show after another.  If you do happen to find a weekly show it is about crime, sex or some political view.  People need some relief from the day to day stresses without having to get deep in thought or watch some horrendous crime scene.  I don't know about you but I have a hard time getting those images out of my head right before going to sleep.   Then we have the "Housewives", do these people really spend sixty thousand dollars for a four year olds birthday party when there are hungry children probably less than a mile or two from where they live?  I don't get the point, is it to flaunt their wealth, is it to encourage people to want this kind of lifestyle?  Where are the family values, family loyalty and teaching children that it's not ALL about the stuff?  I saw a commercial the other day where a mom lies to her daughter about wearing her shirt!  I thought we were supposed to teach our children not to lie!

I have a remote control!...........There's my blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment