Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Todays Choice

November 7, 2010

When I woke up this morning I made a choice, the same choice I make every morning.  I chose to have a great day!  We all have this option daily, but it is something I believe we have to make a special effort to do.  When you don't do this all the crazy things in our lives tend to take over our thoughts and attitudes.  Choosing to have a great day makes it easier to see all the blessings out there.  Now granted I've had many days in my life when I got up, chose to have a great day and lo and behold out of nowhere comes a lemon and smacks me in the face!  Very disappointing, shakes me up temporarily but I then weigh out the options, check perspective and think to myself...Is this going to matter ten years from now?...if the answer to that is NO then I have an easier time dealing with whatever it is and move on.  I was raised during the times when kids were not pampered as much as today and basically we were told to quit whinning!  Everyone has problems, some bigger than others.  During these very trying times when I am feeling a little overwhelmed and having to fight the urges to let these things overtake my great day along comes my three year old granddaughter with a big smile and a big hug! ........There's my blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment