Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time Flies!

I remember the moment I became a grandmother for the very first time!!  Hearing the very first cry of life and the overwhelming emotions of witnessing the miracle of birth!  It's hard to actually describe how I felt at that moment, the relief that everything went well, a healthy bouncing boy and all the instant love in my heart for this child.  That was eighteen years ago today!! Unbelievable how the time has flown and this bouncing baby boy is now a talented, handsome, smart and loving young man whom I am now and have always been very proud to call one of "my babies".

Our family has always heard me refer to our children, grandchildren, niece, nephew as "my babies". When I became the first grandmother of my circle of friends there was a lot of teasing about being "a grandmother" and that was just fine with me!! Since the first one I have been blessed with two more and another precious gift coming in December!  It's always been amazing to me how when you have your first child you believe this child is your whole heart and then the second child comes along and your heart just seems to expand to hold this one equally  and the same thing happens with  grandchildren.  They are all a little different, have their individual gifts and talents and personalities......but they share the most important qualities of a good and loving heart.

I remember when my grandson was about eight years old and I referred to him as "my baby" he quickly informed me he was no longer a baby to which I said "you are not A baby but you will always be My Baby and this holds true today so I can say....Happy Birthday Baby!

Having Grandchildren (and they really are grand!)........There's my blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment